Date: Wednesday, May 7, 2014
Location: 1465 Baseline Rd., Suite 603
In Attendance: Marjorie Shaver-Jones, Bert Rupert, Dave Hunter, Mike Sims, Rob Edwards, Steve Wilson
Regrets: Brad White, Steve Livingstone
Marjorie asked to add seven items to the agenda:
- FCA membership payment.
- Merivale Road study.
- Receipt of CPCA incorporation details from Ont. Gov. via Microfiche.
- Refund from Youth Services Branch for summer students.
- Initiative to reduce plastic water bottles.
- Ottawa Neighborhood Study
- Chiarelli’s Annual Seniors’ Anti-Scam Seminar.
Bert reported on Maitland Avenue:
- heavy truck traffic continues.
- Addition of count down light seems to help reduce intersection problems at Glenmount/Erindale at Maitland.
- Data on accident frequency unavailable.
- Rob reported asking Rick Chiarelli for red light camera. Yet to receive answer. Rob volunteered to video intersection to support need for camera.
- Bert to interview crossing guard to get his perspective on red light runners.
- Rob suggested adding survey regarding Maitland intersection experiences to next membership drive form.
Next AGM & membership drive:
- Mike supports new membership drive and suggested focusing effort on area west of Maitland due to its very low representation.
- Next AGM date agreed for Wednesday, September 10, 2014; Marjorie to reserve a room.
- Rob suggested using summer students to distribute AGM flyers. Flyer to contain date, time, location, agenda, membership form, treasure’s report. Marjorie to prepare the form,
- General CPCA info sheet to be circulated in early summer to area west of Maitland. Document to be stamped with AGM date. Full AGM document to follow in August.
- Marjorie suggested an outdoor banner to advertise the CPCA and its web-site. Dave to investigate pricing for such a sign or signs (qty. 1,2 &3). Dave & Bert to discuss potential locations.
- Rob suggested creating a position within executive of an Event Planner. Would investigate such activities as golf tournaments, CHIP program, garage sale, theatre in the park, etc.
- Marjorie reported on Merivale area density study. Included analysis of residents, jobs, traffic etc. Councillor Keith Egli is point of contact for this matter. Marjorie reported attending 3 meetings and said she was able to speak to our concerns regarding the Clyde to Maitland traffic levels and that we would strongly oppose this route being made into a major transportation corridor.
- Web-site – Dave to continue administering. General discussion on access and cloud storage.